We invite you to become an integral member of the Interchange Inner East Team
Our volunteers support and encourage people in their local community to achieve their goals and develop their skills and independence by engaging with Interchange Inner East participants and follow their interests.
Interchange Inner East supports young people with a disability by offering options for recreation, community activities, respite and support.
Interchange Inner East volunteers enjoy fun activities, make new friends, and are provided with training and skill development options. Volunteers also receive support and guidance from the Volunteer and HR Coordinators and other Interchange Inner East staff.
If you are a student undertaking relevant studies, then volunteering will enable you to include your hours as placement and/or work experience. Volunteering always adds more credence to your CV, particularly if you want a career in the Disability sector. Some of our past volunteers have successfully moved on to paid positions.
If you are 18 years and over and can spare a few hours per month to volunteer and commit to 12 months, we will have a program that would suit your interest area.
Programs you can volunteer in:
- Our Host volunteers are matched with a participant and provide respite by spending time with the child or young person a few hours a month. If appropriate, this can be extended to an overnight stay with the host.
- Our Mentor volunteers like to involve their match in fun activities such as bowling, movies, mini-golf, or a river cruise. The possibilities are limitless!
- Your talents may be needed in some of Interchange Inner East’s group-based programs such as camps, Music, Art, Stage and Lego activities.
What we will ask of you:
- Interact with our participants
- Assist participants to engage in activities
- Participate in planning activities and leisure
- Comply with background checks requirement (including a Home & Environment Check if volunteering as a Host)
- Attend relevant training
During your tenure with Interchange Inner East, you will not be asked to administer medication, and we will provide you with support and advice.
Register your interest:
To register your interest in volunteering with Interchange Inner East, please complete the Volunteer Expression of Interest Form. For additional queries, please contact one of the volunteer coordinators on (03) 9836 9811 (option 5).