Volunteering with Interchange Inner East can be a deeply rewarding experience. Our volunteers will support our participants and their families in a variety of ways, both directly and indirectly.
For students undertaking relevant studies, volunteering will enable you to include your hours as placement, while you gain invaluable work experience.
If you are 18 years and over and can spare a few hours per month to volunteer and generally commit to 12 months, why not contact us to find out what volunteering opportunities could suit you.
Our volunteering opportunities:
We have a variety of different volunteering opportunities, including:
- Mentor and Host volunteers, who are matched with a participant and provide much appreciated respite, spending time with a child or young person a few hours a month.
- Program volunteers, who support our young people and adults to participate in our Active Choices programs such as Music in Me, Let’s CreARTe!, My Stage and Lego Building Connections.
- Occasional volunteers, who may not have the time to commit to regular activity, but are happy to help for events we might hold such as discos, family fun days etc.
- Professional volunteers, supporting our business operation with your valuable and specific professional skills
What we will ask of you:
- Be ready to interact and support some amazing young people and adults, working alongside very dedicated staff
- Be reasonably confident that you’ll be able to make the time available that you commit to
- Comply with our background checks and regulatory requirements (including a Home & Environment Check if volunteering as a Host)
- Attend relevant training if required
- Submit a regular record of your hours volunteered with us
Register your interest:
To register your interest in volunteering with Interchange Inner East, please complete this: Volunteer Expression of Interest Form.
For any general volunteering queries, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on (03) 9836 9811 (option 5).